There is something within all of us that looks for a better future. If you are leading a team or are a business owner, I am sure even if you are happy with your results to date, there is a desire within you for a better future where you see:
- A healthier culture
- Engagement from your team
- Increased productivity
- Increased profits
When I coach and train business owners and team leaders, there are some common themes:
- Concerns about the future.
- Lack of definition of next steps.
- Lack of clarity on how to take the team or business to the next level.
What are the areas of concern that keep you up at night?
When we can identify and quantify what the areas of concern are, it is far easier to devise a strategy for creating a better future.
- What would it take to move you closer to a better future, dream or next goal?
- What are the three areas you need to address now in order to achieve a better future?
- How will you do this?
- What would the effect be upon you and your team?
- What would the effect be if you did nothing?
Action precedes results. Success does not just happen. To read an earlier blog about action, click here.
When leading a business you can not afford to stand still whilst your competitors gain ground.
As a business development coach and trainer I often see business owners get so involved with the every day detail of running a business that they find it hard to stand back and see the bigger picture and the possibilities and benefits of a better future.
Business owners and team leaders need to have time set aside to look strategically at short-and long-term goals. They need to decide what needs to be worked on now to ensure maximum return for investment of time and finances and what can be addressed down the road.
Creating a blueprint for a better future will bring clarity and a new sense of purpose. Instead of simply responding to the everyday needs of your business, you will feel in control of your future. There is is opportunity for a better future. However, not everyone takes advantage of this because they fail to make the investment needed. Good business owners and leaders see the future and therefore strategically plan ahead to stay ahead.
Strategic questions to consider:
- Where do you want to take your business to in the next 12 months?
- Are you prepared to invest time, energy and finances to ensure this happens?
- Reaching a goal always requires taking steps. What is the next step you can take in order to get closer to your better future?
Are you adventurous? Are you prepared to take steps you have not done before?
Gaining clarity, understanding what a better future looks and feels like, knowing how to get there is all possible. It does not happen overnight. However if you are prepared to take the important steps to achieve this, you can make it happen.